Friday, May 27, 2016

Expanding My World View

I had a goal to try new foods while in Spain. I can be a picky eater, but I wanted to venture out of my comfort zone. Not only have I found new foods I enjoy, but I have a new appreciation for different cultures as well. Food is fun, tastes good and is definitely part of our social lives, so mixing it up and trying new things can be a great adventure. It's been awesome to see the foods that are not offered as often in America and realize there's more to the world than just our country.



 Another experience in Spain that expanded my world view was speaking to locals. The people here are so kind and you can tell they depend on tourism for a lot of their income. I'm sure they get tired of Americans but I haven't had a single employee be rude to me. They're always so nice and try to understand me even if they do not know much English. I've also noticed that stores around big touristy areas have employees that speak more English. It's interesting to see how their culture caters to us in certain aspects. I didn't expect that so talking to locals in Spain has definitely expanded my world view.

2 comments:

  1. Glad that you had a great experience in Spain and wasn't disrespected. Good post

    ReplyDelete
  2. The food wasn't exactly what I expected! I'm not sure what I had in mind but there was so much more diversity in the meals that we were able to eat. Also, I should have known better since so much of Spain is surrounded by water, but I had no idea sea food would be so popular. I feel like I are some sort of seafood at least once every day.

    ReplyDelete